The Byron Bay Film and Television School (BBFATS) for Actors & Directors is a training centre run to deliver quality Screen Acting, Directing & Writing education, and now is holding Acting as Personal Development workshops.
The school is run by Mark Piper, who has worked within the International entertainment industry as a drama director for over 30 years and helped numerous Actors & Directors begin their careers.
Beginning his career as an Actor in New Zealand, Mark went on to running Director Roger Donaldson’s (“The World’s Fastest Indian”) company Aardvark films, & then worked on such films such as “The Blue Lagoon” with Brooke Shields, “Tim” & “Attack Force Z” with Mel Gibson, and “My Brilliant Career” with Sam Neil and Judy Davis. More recently he directed internationally acclaimed actors Chris Hemsworth, Eric Bana, Guy Pearce, Isabel Lucas, Kylie Minogue, Julian McMahon, Simon Baker, Isla Fisher, to name a few. Mark has directed over 400 hours of drama nationally and internationally.
The philosophy and influences of the school is focused on Character development and Script Analysis, using imagination & emotional memory : Stanislavsky, Meisner, Practical Aesthetics and Stella Adler techniques, and introducing modern teachers methods such as Larry Moss and Ivana Chubbuck, with Theatre & Performance studies. Music and Voice, and the business of being an Actor are an important part of this course.
BBFATS is opening in Sydney & Los Angeles in 2016.
New 8 week part time classes begin Tuesday 6th October 2015 – see above
Max 12 Students per class.
SPRING HOLIDAY WORKSHOPS
Delivery: Part-Time 2 day workshop Venue: Byron Bay Film & Television Studio 18 Brigantine Street Arts & Industrial Estate Byron Bay NSW 2481 Intended Audience: Aspiring and Intermediate Actors 13 to 17 Pre-Requisites: None Outline: Mark Piper presents a unique intensive … Continued
Start date: Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd September 2015 – 10am to 4pm
Intended audience: Youth 13+
Delivery: 2 day workshop
Prerequisite: Interest in becoming a professional actor
· get personalized constructive feedback on your current acting profile, show reel, and head shots, from a director’s perspective*
· understand the importance of the Self Audition / Test, and learn how to self-audition on mobile phone
· learn how to audition in front of a Director and pitch yourself to a Director and Producer
· know how to be proactive in your career and work with your Agent in sourcing the jobs
· shoot a drama scene on a Canon 7D with Rhode stereo mike, and get a copy of your footage on the day (on your hard drive)*
· develop and boost your confidence as an actor
· clarify your vision and become more determined and motivated to succeed in a highly competitive industry Continue reading →
Start date: BYRON BAY: Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th September 2015, 10am-6pm
Intended audience: Aspiring to Advanced Actors, all ages
Delivery: 2 Day workshop
Prerequisite: Intermediate to Advanced Actors Masterclass